shameless request

Would someone be willing to write me an applescript that takes files dropped on it and sets their date created to equal their date modified? It would make my life a whole lot easier. I’m having file organization problems with my new digital camera images. Thanks!
-=Manuel=-

: While none of these would directly write a mod date, maybe this
: would act as a hold over until someone else gets to respond
: for help.
Ray, thanks for the hold-overs. I just need something that can do it in one step, without copying and pasting something manually for each file, which is the only alternative I have now.
My problem is, with this new compactflash card I have, I mount it and drag the jpg files to my hard drive. Any given picture has the date modified as the exact time I took the picture, and the date created is always 12/1/79 00:00 or something like that. This would be fine if I never edited any of the pictures, but some of them I need to rotate 90 degrees, which screws up the date modified. So if I could somehow find a way to transfer the date modified to the date created, that would be great.
My old camera used Sony Memory Sticks and they didn’t have this problem at all. =( I just like to be able to see the time I took the picture. I take a lot of pictures every day, and my folder of pictures is getting big, and all I can do is look at them without losing any sort of chronological order!
That’s too bad that tet’s method didn’t work - that’s exactly what I needed. Oh. And I don’t know anything about applescripting - I can guess what a droplet wrapper is, but I don’t know how to write one!

UPDATE: I got an e-mail from Marc Meyers, who sent this:
While you can’t change the creation date with the built-in capabilities of AppleScript, you can change them if you get a copy of the free Akua Sweets scripting addition and install it in your Scripting Additions folder (assuming that you’re on a pre-OS X operating system). If you do that, this script, saved as a classic app, will copy the mod date to the create date of any unlocked file dropped on its icon. It will mine nested folders and do this to all files contained therein.

on open (itemList)
	set itemCnt to count itemList
	repeat with i from 1 to itemCnt
		set theItem to (contents of item i of itemList)
		if (theItem as text) ends with ":" then
			procFldr(theItem)
		else
			procFile(theItem)
		end if
	end repeat
	beep
	delay 1
end open
on procFldr(theItem)
	tell application "Finder" to set itemList to (items of theItem)
	set itemCnt to count itemList
	repeat with i from 1 to itemCnt
		set theItem to item i of itemList as alias
		if (theItem as text) ends with ":" then
			procFldr(theItem)
		else
			procFile(theItem)
		end if
	end repeat
	beep
	delay 1
end procFldr
on procFile(theFile)
	set fileRec to basic info for theFile
	set creation date of fileRec to modification date of fileRec
	try
		apply catalog info fileRec to theFile
	end try
end procFile

Marc K. Myers
http://AppleScriptsToGo.com
4020 W.220th St.
Fairview Park, OH 44126
(440) 331-1074

And it works beautifully! I hope you guys gain from this info, and thanks for your time!
-=Manuel=-