Show/Hide Hideen files in open window only?

Hi Guys,

I’ve found a lot of posts relating to show/hide hidden files in the past, but I’d like to know if it’s possible to show/hide hidden files in just the front-most window?

Currently I’m using the information from the following post, which to date has served me well, but now I’d like to refine this a little.

http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?id=33377

Thanks
Scott

As far as I know, this feature is a global one. It apply to all the connected devices.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) dimanche 18 septembre 2011 17:11:33

Yvan,

Thanks for the reply:-

By “Global” you’re referring to the shell command only being able to show/hide all files, rather than defining a particular “frontmost” window (for example?

Regards,
Scott

Yes that’s true.

The preferences of the Finder you’ll change with the examples means for all Windows. The way the finder checks to show or hide a file is indeed a global property. I’ve never spend much time to decrypt the .ds_store file but if something needs to be set it should be there. It’s the only place where a presentation of a folder can overrule the Finder’s default. Like I said I don’t even know if this is possible but it wouldn’t harm you to take a look there.

DJ Bazzie Wazzie,

Great, thanks for the clarification to both of you.
Not familiar with editing/decrypting the .DS file, and at this stage probably won’t.
I’ll stick with the Show/Hide script I’m currently using.

Thanks

Regards,
Scott

Someone did it already for you. Here he used the reverse engineering technique to know what’s inside a DS_Store file. He didn’t find anything about setting the visibility of files (for a window).