store adminitrative password

i want to ask if it possible to do
I have two user on my mac
1 - adminitrator
2- tom
administrator has got all the priviladges
but 'tom" does not have access to all the applications and have just access to simple ‘finder’
So when ‘tom’ tries to install any application, he is prompt with an error “doesn’t have previladge to install applications.”

but some times ‘tom’ have to install and upgrade some custom made application made by us. and we don’t want to give him the administrative password.

inshort we just want to allow ‘tom’ to install the applications supplied by us an no other third party application

So is that possible to write the password in script and runs just before the installaton, it allows ‘tom’ to install the application and lock back again when installation is done

please give reply even if its not possible, so i stop working on it.

thanks

Maybe you can write a script which launches the app-installer with root privileges?
If you think this can make work the installer without error, I can post here some sample code…
What kind of installer is it?

it would be cool jj
the installer is made from VISE program and the name of installer file is ‘InstallDG’.
I am not sure is that right answer that you ask for
but if not please let me know.

thanks

Cool… A carbon app… You can try this:

set i to "myPassword"
set AppleScript's text item delimiters to ":"
set appToLaunch to "" & (items 1 thru -2 of (path to me as text)'s text items) & ":InstallDG"
set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {""}

do shell script "sudo /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/Current/Support/LaunchCFMApp " & quoted form of POSIX path of appToLaunch password i with administrator privileges

This assumes that the installer “InstallDG” is next to the running script saved as app. I can’t find a way to guess the installer’s location without launching it, so you need know the full path location to the installer.
Of course, you may save this script as run-only and make some camouflage to the administrative password. Eg:

set z to {109, 121, 80, 97, 115, 115, 119, 111, 114, 100}
set i to ""
repeat with x in z
	set i to i & (ASCII character x)
end repeat
i --> "myPassword"

got error

with selection of this line

have any idea

thanks
jj

Nope, this was my last try :oops:
Maybe you can try the shell commands from the Terminal and see what’s going on…

thats not encouraging
please do something jj

Allright jj you did your best
thanks anyway
hoping for somebody to reply.

do anybody know the work around for my issue

i just need a simple script that runs a installer with adminitrative privilege

thanks