Strange NSTextField behavior

I got a funny problem here, in my application I got 3 NSTextFields 2 in my main window and 1 in a search window.
If I try to c/p a line of text into it using cmd+v nothing happens, exept I get the “boing” sound, if I rightclick and
then select “Paste” it is working, I then tryed to create a new window in the same application, put in a NSTextField
to see if it had something to do with the way I handled my Window, still nothing, I then created a black project, added
a window and a NSTextField, and here come the “funny” part, in this project I can c/p data with no problems ???

have anyone see this before? or have any idea of what i might have f*****up …

/mkh

Did you remove the default Edit menu?

Hello Bruce, Ahh you mean the toolbar menu? if so yes… how doI restore that if that is the problem… didn’t think of that…

Okay, so i’ve readded the Edit menu item in the toolbar, but that did not help anything…

So i guess it had something to do with the menu item ??? or what…

Hi mkh,

If you deleted your edit menu you can add a new one and that would be the reason why you can’t copy/paste any longer. You do have to reconnect all of the menu items in your new edit menu though. It’s not hard. You control-drag from the menu items to the first responder in your nib file. For example, to connect the copy menu item control-drag from it to first responder and then choose the “copy:” item in the popup connections window. Most of the names that you need to choose in the popup window should almost be identical to the names of the menu items themselves. But to make sure, just open a new project and go to its edit menu. Click on each item then look in the “menu item connections” panel of the inspector (the blue circle with the arrow pointing to the right). It lists what the menu item is connected to. You just have to duplicate that in your program.

Hope that helps!

Hello Hank,

Ive manegde to get it to work, but thanks alot anyway…

Now I only have truble createing the search menu like you did in some of your apps…