Stuck with Dialog Director...

Hi all!
I’m having a problem changing the font of the name of a text field using DialogDirector. Can anyone help please?
I’ve only recently started using DialogDirector and occasionally get stuck. The ‘manual’ indicates what I want to do is possible but it doesn’t give an example of the syntax.
Thanks as always,
Juerg

I don’t like seeing dd blamed when the fault lies with the scripter. Very often a font can be set in the dialog item definition, but not always - that’s an error I often see people making. Also I often see a script where “dd install with fonts” is used as if a single font entry at that point should produce the desired result. The various classes of objects default to pre-set Font Specs (#1, #2, etc).

dd install
listDlog with fonts [{"null"}, {name:"Geneva", color:fontClr}] with grayscale -- etc

That sets #2 which will affect Push Button names, Check Box names and a couple of others - but, for instance, it will have no effect on Static Text.
I do belive, as I said above, that things like KAL may change the actual numbers - but not the principle of the internal mapping that has to be understood for Bingo to happen. So we may need to add some "null"s - no big deal. BUT don’t expect a font mapped to one class of item to affect a class mapped to a different Font Spec - it won’t.
Andreas

: Hi all!

: I’m having a problem changing the font of the name of a text
: field using DialogDirector. Can anyone help please?

: I’ve only recently started using DialogDirector and occasionally
: get stuck. The ‘manual’ indicates what I want to do is
: possible but it doesn’t give an example of the syntax.

: Thanks as always,

: Juerg

An example:

{class:static text, bounds:{264, 102, 392, 118}, contents:i07, font:{name:"Geneva", size:9}}, 

: An example:
: {class:static text, bounds:{264, 102, 392, 118}, contents:i07,
: font:{name:“Geneva”, size:9}},

Hi Cuneyt!

Thanks for that but my problem is with the ‘text field’ object class. This doesn’t work…

{class:text field, bounds:{47, 22, 93, 34}, name bounds:{6, 22, 44, 38}, name:"Width",font:{name:"Geneva", size:9}}

I want the ‘font’ property to address the ‘name’ property NOT the actually text field.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Juerg

The font of a text field’s name defaults to Font Spec #3, so your definition would be… {“null”,“null”."Your requirements here"}
Well, that’s the theory but I have found that I often have to use a higher Spec No than Christopher Hyde leads me to expect - possibly caused by usage of Kaleidoscope - I haven’t investigated. All I know is that I sometimes have to add one or more “nulls” before it’s Bingo time.
Andreas

Andreas,
Thanks! I didn’t realise it was OK to change the first three font specs - I thought they had to be left alone! Perhaps I should have just tried it to see what happened :slight_smile:
As you know, your solution is perfect.
Thanks again,
Juerg