Style of text in TeachText/Simpletex

Is it possible to make styled text using Applescript? I’ve found in the help of Applescript references concerning the style of aselected text, but I didn’t find the right syntax. Jean-Baptiste LE STANG

An idea for you to consider…
If you haven’t already got it, have a look at Alessandro Levi Montalcini’s addition to SimpleText. It gives you lots of extras in two menus, ‘Color’ and ‘Goodies’. You could then perhaps see what you could do with Akua’s ‘puppet menu’.
Andreas
Andreas

PS
I forgot to say that you shouldn’t blame your syntax - SimpleText has no dictionary, so can’t understand what you are saying!
Andreas

Just out of mild curiosity I tried it and ‘puppet menu’ doesn’t seem to recognise the added Menus.
I don’t have Prefab Player but isn’t this exactly the sort of thing it’s supposed to be for?
Andreas

I was just going to suggest exactly that. Have a look at:

: Just out of mild curiosity I tried it and ‘puppet menu’ doesn’t
: seem to recognise the added Menus.
: I don’t have Prefab Player but isn’t this exactly the sort of
: thing it’s supposed to be for?
: Andreas
Prefab Player allows you to choose a menu item, to click a button, nearly whatever you’re making with your mouse
Jean-Baptiste LE STANG

Another idea is this: openthe file with Apple WorldText, that is scriptable, make changes and save it in SimpleText format! Try it!

Someone earlier suggested scripting WorldText as SimpleText isn’t editable, this is much easier using TextEdit in OS X, but I am guessing you’re in OS 9?
Here is some basic stuff of how to do styles and such…
set color of character 1 of window 1 to {23, 23, 23} set font of character 1 of window 1 to “Apple Garamond” set style of character 1 of window 1 to “bold”
and so on, of course you can choose words, paragraphs, entire documents, whatever.
: Is it possible to make styled text using Applescript? I’ve found
: in the help of Applescript references concerning the style of
: aselected text, but I didn’t find the right syntax.
: Jean-Baptiste LE STANG

: Is it possible to make styled text using Applescript? I’ve found
: in the help of Applescript references concerning the style of
: aselected text, but I didn’t find the right syntax.

I use Tex-Edit Plus when I need to work with styled text. It has an excellent dictionary and handles styled text with ease.
Marc K. Myers
Marc@AppleScriptsToGo.com
AppleScriptsToGo
4020 W.220th St.
Fairview Park, OH 44126
(440) 331-1074

[2/9/02 3:46:14 PM]

: Someone earlier suggested scripting WorldText as SimpleText isn’t
: editable, this is much easier using TextEdit in OS X, but I am
: guessing you’re in OS 9?
: Here is some basic stuff of how to do styles and such…
: set color of character 1 of window 1 to {23, 23, 23} set font of
: character 1 of window 1 to “Apple Garamond” set
: style of character 1 of window 1 to “bold”
: and so on, of course you can choose words, paragraphs, entire
: documents, whatever.
I’m working with OS 9.
Jean-Baptiste LE STANG

: I’m working with OS 9.
You make that sound like a problem. Marc suggested you look at Tex-Edit Plus and so do I. It was actually Marc who introduced me to it to help me achieve something at the time. I haven’t stopped using it since - and I’m using OS 8.6.
Andreas