System Event's folder actions whose path is <f>

All testing has been done on my Mac OS X 10.4.10 system.

I would like to filter the folder action objects of the System Events application based on the value of their path properties. It seems like I should be able to use a filter reference to accomplish this, but it is not working out like I expect. Instead of getting a list of the one folder action that matches, I get an empty list. With I extracting the folder action by index or name and then compare its path to my filter value I find that the folder action’s path is, in fact, equal to my search value.

Are my expectations wrong? Is System Events not handling this filter reference properly? Is there something else I am doing wrong?

set f to (path to shared documents folder from local domain without folder creation)
tell application "System Events"
	set f2 to path of folder action "Shared"
	set f3 to path of fourth folder action
	log f = f2							-- shows true
	log f = f3							-- shows true
	every folder action whose path is f	-- returns {} (!)
end tell

I have put together a work around that uses repeat to loop through the folder actions manually and compares their paths to my target alias, but it ends up being pretty slow.

tell application "System Events" to ¬
	set fas to folder actions
repeat with fa in fas
	-- check path of fa against f, do something if they match
end repeat

Incidentally, later in my work around script, I also want to filter a folder actions’s scripts objects. To do this I use

scripts of fa whose path is tf

And this works fine. At least I do not have to have another loop for that filter…

Model: iBook G4 933
AppleScript: 1.10.7
Browser: Safari 419.3
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)