System Events in ASOC

Haven’t seen much written about this. Is it OK to use System Events in an ASOC application? I have existing apps automating Adobe Indesign, and in them I use system events on occasion. Mostly executing a Command-period or a click of Return to cancel/OK any dialogs when opening a file. That sort of thing.

Any problems or restrictions with this in the new ASOC world? It’s a little difficult to test as I mostly have these calls in there for when there are problems, so I figured I would ask if anyone has seen issues before.

Thanks.

Model: iMac
Browser: Firefox 3.6.4
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.6)

Hi,

I’ve written an Cocoa app to control a non-scriptable application with GUI scripting.
All bridges to AppleScript are ASOC classes for System Events, Acrobat and Indesign.
Everything works very well.

I use some Sys Events when I think it’s faster than using the Finder, such as moving some files or making a folder. Alas there are some pitfalls because the syntax for those events are not exactly the same; and sometime I think having things happen behind the Finder’s back can give me trouble. So yes I use them without issue. Honestly I’ve moved a lot of code for doing performance things like big file copies to shell scripts, so I don’t have to continually check for copy errors and such.