Take a 6 digit number and place it on a document in a spacific place

I thank anyone who can help:
I need to make a script that takes the 6 digit job number or the name of the file (example 123456.pdf) and drops the extention (result: 123456) and place it in a document in a spacific location using a font such as Aril at 24 point.

Again thanks for any help…

Stripping the extension is easy using a script by Kai that appeared recently:

You haven’t told us enough about what you want to do with the name.

set jn to "123456.pdf"
getBaseName from jn --> "123456"

-- the following looks after the possibility that the name includes a "."
-- i.e. This.fileName.ext. If underscores are wanted instead of spaces
-- in a name, uncomment the two commented lines in the handler.

to getBaseName from t -- (Kai in this forum)
	set d to text item delimiters
	set text item delimiters to "."
	if (count t's text items) > 1 then ¬
		set t to t's text 1 thru text item -2
	--set text item delimiters to space
	set t to t's text items
	--set text item delimiters to "_"
	tell t to set t to beginning & ({""} & rest)
	set text item delimiters to d
	t
end getBaseName

thanks for the script Adam: what I want to do is this:
I have multiple batch files aprox. 200 each has a different 6 digit number name (File name example: 123456.pdf) I have a script that takes these files and
auto imposes the batch files onto a sheet (Size: 29.5" x 40") 8 sheets of 8.5 x 11" on one big sheet. this script is set to a folder action, so any pdf
files I put in this folder auto impose into one big sheet. and reside in a finished folder. What I wanted to do is add some script to my folder action that
acually takes the job name and places it on the sheet using a font like Arial or some special font at 24 point type in a positon I choose. this way I have
a identification number on the sheet and I can tell which batch this sheet came from…

What programs are you using, and how are you coming up with the Batch name?

I understood that, Zeek, but placing something on a page in an application and formatting it requires that the application be “told” to do it in a tell application “xxx” statement. There isn’t a plain vanilla (generic AppleScript) way to do this - AppleScript itself doesn’t understand Fonts, for example - so your task can only be accomplished by using the terms and constructs in the application’s AppleScript Dictionary.