Terminal Command to Discover Current Colorsync Profile??

Am writing a script to set Firefox-based web-apps to adjust to a system’s currently-selected Colorsync Profile. Does anyone know a Terminal command to show what profile is in use? Ideally also showing the path to it (if not, I can test to discover that if I have the name).

Thanks!!

I’m not sure what the “system’s currently-selected Colorsync Profile” is. If you’re looking for the current Display Profile for the primary display, you can get it with this:

tell application "Image Events"
	set displayProfile to the name of the display profile of item 1 of displays
end tell

If that’s not what you’re looking for, let me know what profile you are looking for.

• Tom.

Maybe this may fit your needs.

tell application "Image Events"
	set theProfiles to display profile of every display
	repeat with aProfile in theProfiles
		if (visible of location of aProfile) is true then
			set pathToProfile to location of aProfile
			exit repeat
		end if
	end repeat
end tell
pathToProfile

Yvan KOENIG running Sierra 10.12.3 in French (VALLAURIS, France) vendredi 10 février 2017 19:58:52

THIS IS REALLY CLOSE :smiley: - but doesn’t actually get the selected profile. it calls the first item of “Show profiles for this display only” weather that is what is being used or not. Is there a list somewhere of what you can query “Image Events” for?

That’s not the behavior I’m experiencing. I just went back and forth changing my display profile in System Preferences → Displays → Color, changing it to different profiles associated with my display, but also to non-display profiles like Adobe RGB, and whatever I set it to, the script returns the profile my display is set to in System Preferences.