The number of the current paragraph? How can I get it? Microsoft Word

This is intended as an extension of the original question, The number of the current paragraph? How can I get it?, which does a nice job answering the question for iWork Pages. http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?id=29125

I would like to do the same thing in Microsoft Word.

My ultimate goal is to run a loop over the document that finds all tables and inserts a section break continuous before and after it.

The following VBA Script provides a pop-up dialog which shows the data I need and more (paragraph, absolute line number, relative line number). Maybe someone can help me set the output of this script to a document variable that I can access via AppleScript with

get variable value of variable "paragraphNum" of active document

Here is the VBA Script:

When I get the paragraph number, I can then insert a section break continuous before by doing something similar to this (of course I would need to do select the last character of the preceding paragraph and the first character of the subsequent paragraph, but I need to get the paragraph number of the table first!):

insert break at text object of selection break type section break continuous

Model: Macbook Air 2011
AppleScript: 2.5.1 (138.1)
Browser: Firefox 20.0
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.8)

I answered my own question here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16596725/how-do-i-get-the-paragraph-number-of-the-currently-selected-paragraph-in-microso/16618470#16618470

Here is the code:

tell application "Microsoft Word"
	set myDoc to active document
	set myRange to create range myDoc start 0 end (start of content of text object of selection)
	set paragraphNum to (count paragraphs in myRange)
end tell

Or as a handler

GetParagraph()

on GetParagraph()
	tell application "Microsoft Word"
		set myDoc to active document
		set myRange to create range myDoc start 0 end (start of content of text object of selection)
		set paragraphNum to (count paragraphs in myRange)
		return paragraphNum
	end tell
end GetParagraph