Toast Project - there must be a way to do this? (Newbie)

Hi guys,
I’ve been trying (and persevering) to write a script which will copy (duplicate) a single file from an external drive, into a Toast Project file. I bought Applescript for Dummies and downloaded several eBooks, and think I’m learning slowly. But there’s very little information (I can find) to get me around the second part of my proposed script.

What I’m trying to do is copy a file from my external USB drive, and drop it into a specific place (between - A_file1 & Z_file2) in my Toast project file (evnz.disk)

This is what I have so far:

set theFile to alias ":Users:steveg:Desktop:evnz.disc"
tell application "Toast 10 Titanium"
	activate
	open theFile
end tell
tell application "Finder"
	duplicate file "USB:XYZ0001" to theFile
end tell

I’m probably going about this the wrong way, but in testing, I can manage to “Duplicate” my USB file and copy it into a test folder on my desktop, but I’ve no real idea how to “paste” the USB:XYZ0001" file into the Toast project (evnz.disc) once the Toast project window opens.

Any help or comments to guide me would be very welcome . . . while I still have some hair left!

Thanks in advance.
Steve

I see there’s an “Add To” script in Toast 10, I’ve had a try for the last hour or so, but I’m darned if I can get it to do anything:

From the Toast 10 Script Dictionary:-

add to‚v : Add items to an object
add to specifier : the object to add items to
items list of alias : the items to e
[as list of audio tracks] : should the items be treated as audio tracks?
[at path text] : path name at which to add the items

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Steve