Trouble with alias and paths such..

This script works but look at the 2nd one…

set NoMessage to 1
set ImageAttach to alias "Macintosh HD:Users:nicholassmith:Documents:MusicImages:June 92E.jpg"
tell application "Mail"

if NoMessage = 1 then
		set theNewMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {subject:"Album", content:"jh", visible:true}
		set NoMessage to 0
	end if

tell content of theNewMessage
		make new attachment with properties {file name:ImageAttach} at after last paragraph
	end tell
end tell

My actual script is like this:
Notice the path is different I have variables now but I don’t understand why it doesn’t work anymore. I think it breaks it up into different text items or something.

set NoMessage to 1
set ImageAttach to alias "Macintosh HD:Users:nicholassmith:Documents:MusicImages:" & TheMonth & i & "2E.jpg"
tell application "Mail"

if NoMessage = 1 then
		set theNewMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {subject:"Album", content:"jh", visible:true}
		set NoMessage to 0
	end if

tell content of theNewMessage
		make new attachment with properties {file name:ImageAttach} at after last paragraph
	end tell
end tell

Your alias specifier ends at the end of the first piece of text, so you’re concatenating three other things to an alias, the result of which is a list containing the alias and those three things:

set ImageAttach to alias "Macintosh HD:Users:nicholassmith:Documents:MusicImages:" & TheMonth & i & "2E.jpg"
--> {alias "Macintosh HD:Users:nicholassmith:Documents:MusicImages:", "June", 1, "2E.jpg"} -- Just guessing at TheMonth and i.

You need to parenthesise everything after ‘alias’ in that line so that the concatenation is performed as text first and the whole of the result is included in the alias specifier:

set ImageAttach to alias ("Macintosh HD:Users:nicholassmith:Documents:MusicImages:" & TheMonth & i & "2E.jpg")
--> alias "Macintosh HD:Users:nicholassmith:Documents:MusicImages:June12E.jpg"