Trying to emulate my PC's "End" key action on my Mac keyboard

On the PC, tapping the End key when the cursor is in any text field (system wide) will move the cursor to the end of the line. Not so in Mac. Can somebody help with an AS or Automator action to provide this same functionality?

Model: iMac
Browser: Firefox 3.0.5
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.5)

Hi,

the end key moves the cursor to the end of the whole text in a text field.
The appropriate end-of-line key is ⌘→

Thanks Stefan. On my PC, the End key moves the cursor to the end of the current line, and not the current text block. Do different PC keyboards work differently? Anyway, your suggestion of Cmd-Rt Arrow is exactly what I was looking for to move it to line end. Now, how do I disable the existing End key function on my Apple keyboard and reassign Cmd- Rt Arrow?

Stefan, one more thing, could I ask where you found that Cmd-Rt Arrow shortcut from. I took a good look before posting here and I couldn’t find it. Here is Apple’s OSX Keyboard Shortcuts http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1343 and they show Cmd-Rt Arrow as “Expand folder (list view)”, but they don’t mention that if there’s a text field in focus that it takes a different action. Do you have another shortcut list that shows this? It might have other little tidbits as well that aren’t on the big list.

I don’t know, this is a shortcut since the early Macintosh days. And it’s logical:
← /→ moves the cursor one character
⌘← / ⌘→ moves the cursor to begin / end of line
↖ / ↘ moves the cursor to begin / end of text.

Holding down the shift key at the same time highlights the text additionally.

As far as I know, you can remap the special keys only with a third party tool like Quicksilver, Butler, QuicKeys etc.

Thanks Stefan, I dug a little deeper and found an Apple doc with all the text editing shortcuts included.
http://tinyurl.com/7u3ovy

As you point out, they actually follow a certain logic and probably can’t be improved on much, but this request for the End key function came to me from an old switcher who will go to his grave trying to use the old familiar PC shortcuts burnt into his wetware after 30 yrs of usage.