UPDATED!!!! Mac Talk v1.1 (Have Your Mac Say Anything You Want!)

Change Log 1.1
Now A Girl Voice Is Added :wink: (ahahahah)
I DON’T KNOW YET READ THE BOTTOM :smiley:

ENJOY!!!

repeat
set VoiceName to display dialog "Which Voice Do You Want? : Alex Vicki" default answer "" buttons {"Close", "Save..."} default button 1   
if button returned is "Save..." then 
if text returned of VoiceName is "vicki" then 
set talktome to text item 1 
set text item to talktome
set talktome to display dialog "(v1.1) Master What Do You Want Me To Say? :" default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "Talk!"} default button 1

say text returned of talktome using "vicki"

end if 

if text returned of VoiceName is "Alex" then 
set talktome to display dialog "(v1.1) Master What Do You Want Me To Say? :" default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "Talk!"} default button 1

say text returned of talktome using "Alex"

end if 

-- THIS WILL SAVE YOU IF YOU FORGOT TO INPUT ANYTHING :P

if text returned of VoiceName is "" then 

set defaultvoice to "Alex"  
say text returned of talktome using defaultvoice

end if 
end if 
if button returned is "Close" then 
Cancel 
end if 
end repeat
end
end
-- Made By Taylor J. Harrison On 3.2.11
-- Email: AudialRedux@hotmail.com (If You Want To Know Me :D ) 
-- THIS CODE IS UNTESTED AT THE MOMENT! DUE TO THIS CODE WAS EDITED ON A WINDOWS AT SCHOOL I WAS BORED!
-- ** IF THERE IS ANY ERROR I WILL FIX IT TONIGHT WHEN I'M ON MY MAC & REPOST IT SOMETIME TONIGHT!**
-- 

Well the first code was wrong :expressionless: ahahah

BUILD 2
** FULLY WORKING!!**

global talktome
global VoiceName

-- This Will Void AppleScript Variable Errors?
set VoiceName to ""
set VoiceName to VoiceName
set talktome to ""
set talktome to talktome
--set text item 1 to ""
set voice to VoiceName
--set returned to text returned

repeat
	set VoiceName to display dialog "Which Voice Do You Want? : Alex (OR) Vicki" default answer "" buttons {"Close", "Save..."} default button 1

if text returned of VoiceName is "Vicki" then
		--set talktome to text item 1
		--set text item 1 to talktome

say text returned of talktome using "Vicki"

end if

if text returned of VoiceName is "Alex" then
		set text item 1 to talktome

say text returned of talktome using "Alex"

end if

-- THIS WILL SAVE YOU IF YOU FORGOT TO INPUT ANYTHING :P

if text returned of VoiceName is "" then
		--set talktome to text item 1
		--set text item 1 to talktome

end if

-- BOTTOM CODE IS BUGGY SO I'LL LET YOU WORK IT OUT ;)
	(*if text returned of VoiceName is not "Vicki" then

end if*)

(*if text returned of VoiceName is not "Alex" then

end if*)

end repeat
end
end
-- Made By Taylor J. Harrison On 3.2.11
-- Email: AudialRedux@hotmail.com (If You Want To Know Me :D ) 

-- V1.1 Build 2 

Hi,

this does actually the same :wink:

repeat
	set {button returned:chosenVoice} to display dialog "Which Voice Do You Want? : Alex (OR) Vicki" buttons {"Cancel", "Alex", "Vicki"} default button 2
	set talktome to display dialog "(v1.1) Master What Do You Want Me To Say? :" default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "Talk!"} default button 2
	say text returned of talktome using chosenVoice
end repeat

Those back and forth variable definitions are not necessary

Thanks For The Updated Code Bro :smiley: But I Like To Play Big Code :wink: If You Get My Drift

Yeah, you probably got my post already on your first thread. First off, the forums are not for posting unimpressive projects that a monkey could do. Not only that, but please don’t start a new thread each time you update something! Just post it in the same thread.

I told you, I wrote this one.

tell application "Finder" to activate
set vol to (choose from list {"Quiet", "Medium", "Loud"} with title "Volume")
if vol is "Quiet" then
	set vol to 1
else if vol is "Medium" then
	set vol to 4
else if vol is "Loud" then
	set vol to 8
end if
set voice to (choose from list {"Agnes", "Albert", "Alex", "Bad News", "Bahh", "Bells", "Boing", "Bruce", "Bubbles", "Cellos", "Deranged", "Fred", "Good News", "Hysterical", "Junior", "Kathy", "Pipe Organ", "Princess", "Ralph", "Trinoids", "Vicki", "Victoria", "Whisper", "Zarvox"} with title "Voice")
set speak to text returned of (display dialog "Text:" with title "Text" default answer "" with title "Talker 1.0.3")
tell application "Finder" to say speak using voice volume vol

Geez. :rolleyes:

Oi Are You Seriously Stupid You Idoit Your So Up Your Self! Theres No Need For Uncalled Comments! If Your Going To Say Crap Like That Then Shut Your Mouth! & And The Applescript Code You Wrote Is Stupid (volume Level Come On Im Definitly Sure People Know How To Turn Up The Volume!) And Your Not The Adminstrator So Don’t Tell Me What I Can & Can’t Do!.

I agree. Also, a simple function that only needs 1 command to do does not need 40 or 50 lines of code to access.

You’re an fool. This BBS was not designed for n00bs like you to post your “original” ideas and programs. Why do you capitalize every word? Secondly, how is my program “Stupid?” Volume is important for a speaking application. People like you should burn in Hell. You loathe innovation and improvements.

If you’re not mature enough to take constructive criticism better than a baby, you seriously shouldn’t be on MacScripter.

:mad: