updating illustrator files to CS

I’m busy writing a script that will open illustrator files from a chosen folder and copy them into Indesign documents

The problem is that when there is text in a file that was created in an earlier version on Illustrator, opening it in CS will prompt this:
“The file contains text that was created in a previous version of illustrator. This legacy text must be updated before you can edit it.”
with buttons: Update, default: OK

Does anyone know how this can be bypassed?
I can’t use the place command in Indesign-I need them to be copied from the illustrator file into Indesign, so that I can paste the file as shapes and make it editable in Indesign

My script is working woderfully except when it runs into this hang on certain files

Here’s my script so far: it is still in the very beginning stages of what the intent is, but I need to get past this problem-I need to make it so regardless of the error that opening this file gives me, I need to get it opened, copied, and pasted into Indesign

property file_types : {“EPSf”, “EPSP”}
property file_extensions : {“eps”}

set the_folder to (choose folder with prompt “Choose folder containing images to catalog:”)
set the_images to get_folder_list(the_folder, file_types, file_extensions, true, false)
if the_images = {} then
beep
display dialog “No valid images found in chosen folder.” buttons {“OK”} default button 1 with icon 0 giving up after 10
return
end if
tell application “Illustrator CS”
activate
tell application “Illustrator CS”
repeat with the_image in the_images
open the_image as alias
tell document 1
set locked of every layer to false
set locked of every page item to false
set selected of (every page item) to true
tell application “Illustrator CS” to copy
tell application “InDesign CS” to activate
tell application “InDesign CS” to make new document
tell application “InDesign CS” to paste
tell application “Illustrator CS” to activate
tell application “InDesign CS” to activate
tell application “Illustrator CS” to activate
end tell

end repeat
end tell

end tell

on get_folder_list(the_folder, file_types, file_extensions, with_subfolders, inc_folders)
set the_files to {}
tell application “Finder” to set folder_list to every item of folder the_folder
repeat with new_file in folder_list
try
set temp_file_type to file type of new_file
set temp_file_extension to name extension of new_file
on error
set temp_file_type to “folder”
set temp_file_extension to “”
end try
if file_types contains temp_file_type or file_extensions contains temp_file_extension then set end of the_files to (new_file as string)
if temp_file_type = “folder” then
if inc_folders = true then set end of the_files to (new_file as string)
if with_subfolders = true then set the_files to the_files & my get_folder_list((new_file as string), file_types, file_extensions, with_subfolders, inc_folders)
end if
end repeat
return the_files
end get_folder_list

on open theFile
	tell application "Illustrator CS"
		activate
		open theFile with options {update legacy text:true} without dialogs
	end tell
end open

bace,

Just a note in case you’re not familiar with this - When you update legacy text it could very well change line spacing, kerning and such so you might want to set update legacy text to false until you have a chance to see what will happen to the text (unless this is not an important issue).

PreTech