Updating Indesign Scripts

Hi,

It’s finally time to upgrade from 2010 MBP to 2018 MBP, which means upgrading from El Capitan to Mojave, which means going from Indesign CS5 to ID CC. Which means updating 100+ applescripts that I regularly use with indesign (and with FileMaker Pro). I’m looking for (but having a hard time finding) resources that provide details on applescript changes between ID CS5 and the current CC, as well as changes between El Capitan and Mojave. Any suggestions?

Much of the code remains the same or has only had minor tweaks after CS3, and there is no real compendium of InDesign’s AppleScript iterational changes other than the occasional broken functionality noted here or on Adobe’s fora. I suggest either (1) not doing it at all or (2) partitioning the drive with a second Sierra/High Sierra install and keeping CS5 available for emergencies. Feel free to journal your adventures. :slight_smile:

I can’t speak to Indesign at all, and haven’t gone to Mojave yet.

But I maintain many dozens of scripts for Photoshop and Illustrator, some of which are long and complex. The changes that have been required to go from CS6 to various CC versions have been minimal, as have the changes required to step from El Capitan to High Sierra.

Thanks! That’s good news! It was a lot of work when I updated to CS2 and then to CS5, so I was expecting that I would be facing a huge chore. Nice to know it shouldn’t be too bad.