web browsing problem

I’m new to apple script and have just started with hte interactive magazine. I want to solve a big problem for my boss who has a Pismo laptop and knows nothing about computers (typical).In work he browses the web through our server and at home he wants to be able to do so through his modem. I have set up two configurations for him but he still cannot remember how to switch between them or even find the TCP/IP control panel.I tried using the automatic recorder in apple script but when I run it it only opens the TCP/IP control panel and does not swicth to the second configuration, or back again.Does anybody know what I am doing wrong or a script that will enable me to do this.

Umm - you don’t need Applescript for this job. Check out the help files and search for Location Manager. It’s designed for exactly this task, and you can select the configurations from the control strip - about as painless as it gets for the user.
Cheers,
Erik Ableson

“In work he browses the web through our server and at home he wants to be able to do so through his modem. I have set up two configurations for him but he still cannot remember how to switch between them or even find the TCP/IP control panel.”
I think you can script the TCP/IP control panel, but I don’t and I suggest you don’t. Use the Location Manager instead, which is scriptable. The Location Manager will allow for many more settings (Remote Access, TCP/IP, programs, etc.) and it allows selection of location sets on startup. The Location Manager also appears in the control strip.