What is a Scripting Component Error?

I have a script I have written that looks for the object reference for a string of text in Quark and then puts the actual text from that reference into a variable.
I am actually doing this twice in the script. The first time it works great, the second time when I try to put the text into a varaible I get error number -1750 or a “Scripting Component Error.” Can anybody tell me exactly what this is and what it means?
It almost seems to me, since my code is no different except for variable names and length of text searched for, that AppleScript has lost its marbles part way through my script.
Any help of ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Andrew Herzog

“scripting component” is more or less applescript itself, so it looks like you are trying to do something AS can’t handle. I suggest you post the relevant code so we might have an idea as to what is the real nature of the problem.
karl.

I think I somewhat found the problem. In the instace where I had my problem (get object reference) AppleScript/Quark was not finding anything matching the criteria. Thus causing the error later when I tried to use that information.
One thing that I did note is that the information I was looking for was available in the file, but not found for some reason. I have since rewritten the code. I have noticed this same thing at times before. That the way in which I tell Quark to get information has to be just right. Although there seems to be no logical difference in the two codes that follow, they can sometime give different results.
Tell every story set x to object reference to every text where it is “Find me” end tell
and
set x to object reference of every text of every story where it is “Find me”
Thanks to all who responded.

Tell every story set x to object reference to every text where it is "Find me" 
end tell

and

set x to object reference of every text of every story where it is "Find me"

They look different to me. In the first example, you have: “set x TO object reference TO every text…” You have the word “to” in there twice. Shouldn’t the second one be “of”?

You are correct, I miss typed that one. It was not from actual code, but from my brain having had this problem before. The point, in case I didn’t explain well, was that combing two commands into one, which should work, doesn’t always do so when I am working with Quark. I don’t know if it is a Quark quirk or what, but I have seen this before.
And thanks for repsonding, it is greatly appreciated!