Where do I start?

I just successfully installed Xcode 2.5 Developer Tools. First question: do I delete from my Desktop the Xcode Tools icon that contained what I downloaded from the internet?
Second question: I am tempted to explore Macintosh HD>Developer>Applications>Interface Builder and >Xcode. Would it be a mistake to do so?

Here’s an example of what is so frustrating about searching for information on the internet. Yesterday I registered for a free membership on the ADC site. Today I installed Xcode. Documentation that came with it referred me to the ADC site for a free membership and Carbon and Cocoa tutorials. I logged onto the ADC site and can’t do anything with it because I’m not a Premier member. If I had spent on books the time I’ve wasted going down blind html alleys, I’d know a lot more about programming than I do.

Guess what happens when you click on this link in Interface Builder Help:

AppleScript Studio
Perhaps the easiest way to create a fantastic Mac OS X native application is with AppleScript Studio. By combining an application framework with a development environment, AppleScript Studio allows developers to provide sophisticated user interfaces for applications that execute AppleScript scripts. AppleScript Studio is included with the Xcode Tools.

This:

Hmm, the page you’re looking for can’t be found.

I’m puzzled. What led me here was an accidental encounter with an AppleScript Studio tutorial. My curiosity aroused, I went searching for AppleScript Studio (the application) and couldn’t find it. I did find this site, though, with this discussion board dedicated to AppleScript Studio & Xcode. And on it I learned that AppleScript Studio is contained in Xcode.
I found, downloaded, and installed a version of Xcode appropriate for my machine, and as I go through Xcode Help I find no reference to AppleScript Studio. Have I hyper-linked to the Twilight Zone?

What’s most ironic is, the site on which I found the AppleScript Studio tutorial that started me on this journey doesn’t have a tutorial for Xcode, which is where the journey led. Huh. That’s funny, isn’t it.
I think I’ll just go to bed.

A good way to start is reading the sample project Curremcy Converter.
You can find the source and many other examples in /Developer/Examples/AppleScript Studio

Do it! Start a new AppleScript application with Xcode (version 3.1 pictured); Then, note the important files: The default .applescript file, the .nib (or .xib) file, and the dictionary (AppleScriptKit.sdef).

See also:
AppleScript Studio Programming Guide
AppleScript Studio Terminology Reference

My understanding of the subject took a quantum inch forward when I observed that Xcode sports a dock icon eerily similar to that of which the tutorial I am scouting refers to as “Project Builder”. What’s this!? Three doors, three keys. Man, did you hear those tumblers click? :stuck_out_tongue: