The problem with that particular folder, was that the permissions for it, differed from the normal permissions on folders. It took almost three hours to figure that out!
So, when folders doesn’t open as they should when clicked onto urls in Safari, it is time to check the permissions of that folder! (Lesson learned!)
Well, it wasn’t the permission of that folder after all, as I have fixed that issue. it is kind of ironic!
I had finder encode the url for me with the following code:
tell application "Finder"
get URL of folder (selection as alias)
And I edited away the “localhost”, and it still didn’t work, so, my conclusion is that spaces in foldernames, that is to be opened via furls in Safari, is to be avoided alltogether.
I am happy to report that this works very well:
And this works even better, as Safari really reveals the item!
I can understand that the .DS_Store file may be an obstacle for people that shares files with other platforms, but I see just benefits from it when going native. I use it to stand on when creating new folders, and now this, if I have been there in a finder window, then it is there!