Xcode splitter get size/set size

Hi,

I am trying to resize the Xcode “groups & files” view, and thought that if I set the (splitter group 1) to the width I want that should work.

I tried to set the left pane of an Xcode project to be 250 pixels wide. I observed the variables as I traced through using ScriptDebugger, and everything worked fine, except the pane did not resize.

set desired_width to 250
    activate application "Xcode"
    tell application "System Events"
        tell process "Xcode"
            -- get the {w, h} of the "groups & files" view
            set {groups_w, groups_h} to size of (splitter group 1) of group 1 of window 1

-- don't change the height, only the width
            set (size of splitter group 1 of group 1 of window 1) to {desired_width, groups_h}
        end tell
    end tell

It appears to me that Xcode supports the get, but not the set {read only} for (splitter group 1)…

Any idea what I am missing ?

Thanks for any help you can provide…

Bill Hernandez
Plano, Texas

Hi,

the size of the sidebar is not settable.

Check the value of property settable of attribute AXSize of splitter group 1 of group 1 of window 1 of process “Xcode”

Stefan,

Thank you so much for the reply…

So that being the case, what other method can I use to accomplish what I need, i.e. change the width of the view ?

…and if there is now way to do this, how do I bring it to Apple’s attention, so that hopefully they will add this to the list of things that do work?

Bill Hernandez
Plano, Texas