Xcode's Accessability inspector

Hi,

I never could use the uielement inspector in jaguar and only shortly used the beta.
All those AX_etc … I don’t understand the AX’s. Can I use this in place of other things. Like, AXWindow in place of window 1 if there was an AXWindow for window 1. Hope you know what I mean.

Thanks,

Model: MacBook Pro
AppleScript: 2.2.3
Browser: Safari 536.26.17
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.8)

The main thing that I am trying to do is increase the font sizes. In this OS, the font size always goes small in many apps (if not all). Then, I have to increase the size. I’m starting with the Script Editor and trying to make it have fonts all size 18. Also, Script Editor’s dictionary is too small. Then with Safari the same, etc… It’s just a slight pain to increase the size of the fonts all the time, but I would like it to occur automatically. I have to increase the size in all these apps and more.

A big part of it is that the apps don’t keep their size preferences, for text. This happens in my own system. If somebody could jump start it. I’ve been reading documents for days.

Thanks,

Hello.

It sounds like you are looking for the “secrets preferences pane”, which can do such things as changing the system fonts, for dialogs and so on.

I am also pretty sure that this is stored in some property list somewhere, if not the global propertylist, so in some kind of defaults value. I’d also have a look into the free Rixxstep’s clix. Which contains a lot of system configuration commands.

By the way, you can usually just forget that the AX is there, when you are interpreting the results of the UI Element Inspector.

Hi McUsrII,

Yep. I wish there was a secret pane that you could work with. Why can’t apps hold what you set? It shouldn’t be so hard to do. Just another preference, but it’s so irritating that you gotta keep increasing the font size every time you launch the app.

BTW, that’s one of my many projects to build some bones on this OS. :smiley:

Later,

It exists.

Look here