XML, mySQL, Applescript, HELP!!

Hello All,

Please excuse my extreme n00b status. I ended up here from google and worked through the awesome post already here but I have hit a brick wall. This is my first attempt at Applescript, and I’m still very new at programming in general. For a class project I need a way to load a XML instance file into a mySQL database. The mySQL end is working great. So, I know that that end is complete. But, I can’t get the Apple script to run correctly. Here is a screenshot of the error that I get. I have been working this a long time and can’t seem to make any progress. Thanks for your time. Here is my script (it’s really simple, that is why I am so frustrated)

do shell script "/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin/mysql -u root -e 'USE Omas_Boys' 'INSERT INTO Clients_Test VALUES (NULL, LOAD_FILE('/Applications/xampp/Clients.xml'), 'Client Information')'"

Do this works?

set theQuery to "INSERT INTO Clients_Test VALUES (NULL, LOAD_FILE('/Applications/xampp/Clients.xml'), 'Client Information')"
do shell script "/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin/mysql -u root -d Omas_Boys -e " & quoted form of theQuery

Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! Thank You!

In case you didn’t get it, that worked perfectly.

–Tim