The following procedure can be followed to add a shortcut icon to a Finder toolbar:
- Open the Shortcuts app and select a shortcut.
- Add the shortcut to the Dock by way of the File or context menu. This will create a shortcut app in the user’s home Applications folder and will add the shortcut to Launchpad.
- Optionally, change the icon of the shortcut app and move it to another folder to remove it from Launchpad.
- Command drag the shortcut app to the Finder toolbar.
- Remove the shortcut from the Dock if desired.
The most likely use of a Finder shortcut icon is to perform actions on selected files. The following shortcut–which merges selected files in a PDF–can be used for testing:
PDF Merge.shortcut (23.5 KB)
I learned of the procedure to add a shortcut icon to a Finder toolbar from the macmostvideo YouTube channel.