I knew that I have to “tell” Safari to make things. Thanks.
The problem was of another kind: the addition 24U Appearance OSAX.osax conflicts with “close window id nnnn”. I’ve removed from its natural location (~/users/me/library/scripting additions") and, voila!!. Now it is working.
The Murphy fact its that I’ve discovered the problem AFTER reinstall the whole Mac OS X, updates, restore preferences, mails, etc. etc !!!
I’m glad you were able to fix your problem. Thanks for the feedback. Fortunately, terminology conflicts with OSAXen aren’t as common as they once were. I don’t have the 24U Appearance OSAX so I can’t test this, but if ‘close window id’ is all one 24U keyword, you might be able to proof your script against it by breaking it up with parentheses:
tell application "Safari"
close (window id nnnn)
Bummer. If it’s any consolation, that’s one of the most effective ways to learn.