(Newbie) Position Quicktime Player windows?

I’m trying to get the hang of this Applescript thing, and am finding some of this frustrating. I want to do something very simple: tell Quicktime Player to position the currently open (front) movie at a paticular location.

I have tried:

tell application "QuickTime Player"
	set the position of window 1 to {200, 100}
end tell

and get an error. I have also tried using the syntax “movie 1” instead of “window 1”, and have even tried “the window of movie 1” – all to no avail.

What, oh wise ones, am I doing wrong?

Model: iBook G4
AppleScript: 1.9.3
Browser: Safari 312.3
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.3.8)

Hi:

Try this:

tell application "QuickTime Player" -- v6
	tell movie 1
		set dimensions to {320, 240}
		set position of window 1 to {100, 200}
	end tell
end tell

OS X 10.3, QT6

Still doesn’t work. I have no idea why.

Model: iBook G4
AppleScript: 1.9.3
Browser: Safari 312.3
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.3.8)

Okay, I know I’m resurrecting a dead thread, but I still have been unable to solve this problem that seems to simple.
I have looked through the dictionary and it appears to me that class “window” does not have property “position”. This seems almost impossible to believe but it looks like the case. Class “track” has property “position”, but this means something different (it defines a horizontal/vertical offset within the player window, but does not control the position of the window itself.)

Could anybody cut through this for me?

And two minutes later… he solves his own problem (the first and second item in “bounds of window 1” specify the position of the upper-left-hand corner). Never mind, all you clever people.