Selecting popup box in javascript form

I have been scouring the forums trying to figure out how to select a popup box in a javascript web form but haven’t had any luck.

There is a webpage that contains a form (in a frame) that I need to set to a certain value.

One of my issues, is that I can’t figure out how to know what the index # is for the form or the elements. I have tried scripting it via name, but that isn’t working either.

Here is what I have been trying, changing things around a little, but it’s not working. Most of it is parts of scripts that I have found on these forums already.

set locationselection to "document.forms[\"locations\"].elements[\"LocationName\"].selectedIndex=\"Honolulu\"
   document.forms[\"locations\"].GetRecords()"

tell application "Safari"
	activate
	open location "url to site"
	if my page_loaded(20) is false then return

do JavaScript "window.frames[1].document.forms[\"locations\"].elements[\"LocationName\"].selectedIndex=\"Honolulu\"" in document 1
	do JavaScript locationselection in document 1

end tell

on page_loaded(timeout_value)
	delay 2
	repeat with i from 1 to the timeout_value
		tell application "Safari"
			if (do JavaScript "document.readyState" in document 1) is "complete" then
				return true
			else if i is the timeout_value then
				return false
			else
				delay 1
			end if
		end tell
	end repeat
	return false
end page_loaded

The source for the frame is this

Please Select Your Location --Select----- long list of options --

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

djeans

Model: MacbookPro 17 CoreDue
Browser: Safari 528.16
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.5)

Bump

Hello.

I’d have a look at it with UI Element Inspector if I were you. If that doesn’t work in Safari anymore, then I’d rather invest some time to figure out the javascript that is needed for doing so. Innerhtml or something, that returns every element of something, and the traverse over the collecation (array, testing for the proper element.) It is really not that hard, and you may find everything you need, in abundance by googling it, as the whole net is wired together by javascript. :slight_smile: